BENEFITS OF AN ASSOCIATION MANAGEMENT COMPANY
With an Association Management Company (AMC), you hire no personnel, you buy no equipment, you lease no office space. The AMC?s office becomes your office. You benefit from economies of scale. You only pay for what you need in administration, facilities, computers, specialized association software. You have maximum resources available for your association needs.
The Medical Bureau is one of 200 association management companies worldwide who employ 5,000 association management professionals and serve over 2,000 associations. We are members of the American Association of Medical Society Executives, Georgia Society of Association Executives and the National Association of Healthcare Consultants.
- Application processing, collection of dues, Board Meetings and Board Meeting Minutes
- Planning/Organize annual meetings - site selection, obtaining exhibitors, sponsors, registrations and speakers, etc
- Archive Society Records
- Provide accounting services- accounts payable, record keeping, tax returns
- Develop/Maintain web page and much more!
We actively pursue clients who fit our focus:
- National or State in scope
- Leaders interested in advancing their association
- Associations with a focus on promoting their profession or specialty
FOUR CORE PRINCIPLES DRIVE THE MEDICAL BUREAU
1. We will learn your business. Our success depends on our ability to know your society/specialty.
2. We will do the right thing for you. We will put your needs ahead of ours because we know that if we do what is right for you and your members, we?ll be better off in the long run.
3. We will charge a fair price. Our fees will be fair to you and fair to us. We will not mark up outside expenses or take rebates or commissions from any vendor or outside consultant.
4. We will create a partnership for growth. We want to grow together: Your members. Your Organization. Our People. Our Company.
The Medical Bureau follows ethical standards set by the industry.
NO COMMISSIONS, MARKUPS OF HIDDEN COST
To encourage our staff to look for cost savings for you, The Medical Bureau does not take commissions for hotel rooms, does not mark up printing services from outside vendors. In following this practice, our incentive is to get you the best possible price for all of your services.
BEST PROFESSIONAL PRACTICES FOR ASSOCIATION MANAGEMENT
1. The Medical Bureau and each client association shall create a written agreement that clearly defines the scope of work to be performed and other obligations and responsibilities of both parties.
2. The Medical Bureau will establish a professional office site suitable for office-related business functions to serve as the headquarters location for each association client.
3. The Medical Bureau will serve as a valuable resource by being mission-driven and developing a clear vision of success and implementing activities to ensure that stated goals and objectives are achieved.
4. The Medical Bureau principals will be in contact with the President of each client association on a regular, mutually agreed upon basis.
5. The Medical Bureau will serve as financial interface between client associations serving as broker/procurer of goods and/or services of third-party vendors to the client.
6. The Medical Bureau will develop a transition plan for each client defining all the steps in the transition process once a client makes the decision to seek alternative management solutions and cease to be a client of The Medical Bureau.